For an apiculture farmer to certify their production as organic, they must be registered with the COPAE Holdings Register. The steps to follow are:
- Present the following documentation in COPAE:
- When the application has been completed, an expert from COPAE will arrange a date with the producerto perform the initial audit and will make a visit to the holding to check the details included on the application form.
- Following the initial audit, the Certification Commission will determine the conditions of registration and conversion periods.COPAE will notify the decision.
- Once registered, the producer is obliged to keep an updatedrecords register which will be required during follow-up or inspection visits. The holding must have registers ofof veterinary treatments, actions taken in the beehives, entry of products, register of harvesting and release of the product etc.
- Once the initial control phase has been completed, the COPAE experts will perform periodical follow-up visits that can be made with or without prior warning.